3D Printing and Explanation
What is 3D Printing? - 3D Printing is the process of making three-dimensional objects (real objects) from raw materials with the method of laying materials in layers. 3D printing is also known as Additive Manufacturing.
Additive Manufacturing is a manufacturing technology that adds material on top of the material (in layers) so that it can form an object. To be able to create 3d printing objects, a tool called a 3D Printer.
In contrast to the manufacturing of 3D objects carried out by companies using large machines, the size of a 3D printer is relatively small. You can put it down and start the production process just on your desk.
How Do 3D Printers Work?
Types of Raw Materials For 3D Printing
1. Plastic (Termoplastik)
This is the most commonly used material. Almost all 3D printers in the world use plastic materials, besides being cheap they are also quite strong.
If you are a beginner, I suggest using plastic material for the process of printing 3d printing objects.
The types of details are as follows:
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
- PLA (Polylactic Acid,)
- NYLON (Polymide)
- PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)
- PETG (Glycol Modified version of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET))
2. Composite (Mixed)
- CONDUCTIVE / KONDUKTORThis material is usually based on PLA or ABS plastic mixed with a conductor material, so that it can conduct electricity.This material is often used for teaching or DIY purposes such as turning on LEDs, Arduino and others.
- METAL / PLASTIC FILAMENTThe metal filament referred to here is not 100% metal. However, the metal has been mixed with the main thermoplastic materials such as PLA and ABS.
- ALUMIDAAlumina is a mixture of nylon and aluminum materials
- WOODWood is also not made from 100% wood, but wood fibers mixed with thermoplastic materials
- COBALT CHROMIUM
- STAINLESS STEEL
7. Batu Pasir / Gipsum
- SLA resin
- PolyJet Resin
If you want to compare between filaments in order to be able to choose the raw material that suits your needs, I suggest taking a look Table made by Simplify 3D.
How to start printing 3D objects?
There are two ways. First buy a 3D printer and Second use 3D Printing Services. Now there are many 3D printers sold in the market.
An example of a print from a 3D object is as follows:
| || |
May be useful.