Create Launcher Shortcuts on Elementary OS
How to Create Launcher Shortcuts on Linux Elementary OS - Elementary OS Applications can be installed on Linux from various sources. There are direct file downloads such as tar, zip formats. There are also through Snap and Flatpack,
Most of the cases I experienced if we install applications from compressed files such as tar.gz, tar.bz or other formats, then the shortcut does not appear in the menu.
How to Install Alacarte Menu Editor on Linux
How to Add Shortcuts To Menu
- Click New Item
- Enter the name of the application in the Name form
- Navigate the application to the folder where the application is located by clicking Browse
- Enter the application icon by clicking the icon form on the left
- Click OK
- I want to add a blender app shortcut.
- Blender files are located in the /opt/blender-2.83.0-linux64 folder folder
- Write in the form the name "Blender"
- Enter in the Command Form the address of the blender application, in this case /opt/blender-2.83.0-linux64/blender
- Insert Blender Icon
- Click OK